Trust and Obey!


Today I am reminded that God gives certain opportunities for specific seasons. My responsibility is to simply obey Him and what He asked of me. As I go into these two surgeries, an opportunity  that God once gave me for a season will end. But I trust Him. 

I can remember when God spoke to me as I laid flat on the ground with my face in my open Bible as I wept. I had a 3 month old and had just found out I was pregnant again. In the midst of being a first-time mom, I was dealing with strong side-effects from medications because of a fracture that occurred in labor, I had been through a follow-up surgery and was experiencing post-partum depression.  Finding out I was pregnant was not good news. But God spoke to me.

The Lord asked me in that moment if I trusted Him. He said, “If you will give me your womb, I will give you the grace you need to have every baby I call you to have.” In gut-wrenching searching of the heart, I surrendered to the Lord His plans for our family. I wholeheartedly, tearfully answered Him, “I trust You and I give you my womb.” And He has given undeniable grace.

I went from not wanting more than one baby to being open to all God had for me. After six births and two miscarriages, today with this surgery, I will once again trust Him with my womb. In the next hour, I will be having a hysterectomy to remove a grapefruit-sized fibroid tumor that is inside my uterus. Then, I will have an additional internal repair surgery from some complications that were caused to the surrounding organs. 

I trust the Lord that my time to give birth is over. I am reminded of Job in the Bible and his trust of God. He says, “The Lord gives and the Lord takes away.” My window of opportunity to obey a specific call of God was only for a season. I am so thankful I obeyed Him without delay. My life is more blessed than I could have planned on          my own.


How about you? Is there any area of your life that God has called you to obey, right now, for this time? If so, don’t miss it. His call to have you obey in a specific area is something He has given you. He will give you this time and there will be a time He will take it away. 

If you follow Him, right now, with full surrender then you will experience more blessings than you can imagine. If you are living in obedience, you will experience His gifts for you at this time in your life before that season changes. More than anything, you can trust Him!  

Comments

  1. Thinking of you today, Casey! I will be praying for you as you begin the healing process. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will keep telling myself that! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. Praying for your recovery and thank you for sharing this. I will never forget the first time I met you in 2004. I had just gotten saved. And I was very shy. I think it was the first women's conference we ever had and we were in the real life center. I didn't know anyone so I was sitting by myself in the real life coffee shop. By myself. And you came over with your baby in a stroller and started talking to me and sat down. I admired your baby and was so excited to tell you how I had just gotten saved and we talked for a while and you were so kind. I had no clue who you were. But I remembered you and every time I saw you, you were always so kind. Then one day I found out out you were Pastor Scotty's wife and I was touched by how humble you were. It has been a pleasure and delight to watch your little family grow. And to read your
    Posts and hear your story. Your season of child bearing may be over. But your story is not done. What a blessing you are and have been to all of us. I am honored to be part of it. And thank you for being so kind and reaching out to a frightened new Christian in 2004. It meant a lot to me. And for a while you were the only connection I had. God bless...Leanna Williams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanna,
      What an encouragement to receive your message. Thank you! I am honored to have been a part of your journey with the Lord.

      Delete
  3. Love you, Casey! I'm sorry you had to go through this major surgery and I've been praying for your recovery. God has put you in a unique position as a leader of many young women and you are an encouragement to them (and all of us!) as you trust and obey in every season of life. ~Lots of love and prayers, Lori C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Lori! Your life has influenced my heart in so many ways. I appreciate your encouragement!

      Delete

Post a Comment